FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerece and Industry) has set up an Intellectual Property Facilitation Centre (IPFC) in Guwahati to encourage innovation and help protect intellectual property rights (IPR).
With the support of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), the IPFC would facilitate the MSMEs to identify, protect, maintain, enforce and commercialize intellectual property by helping innovators address their IPR requirements.
The Centre provides services like:
- patent searches
- patent drafting
- patent prosecution
- facilitation in commercialization of inventions
- Trademark prosecution matters etc.
The objectives of the IPFC:
- To enable MSMEs from states in understanding, Identifying & using Intellectual Property for Competitive Advantage.
- To Provide Services such as IP Protection, IP Awareness & Training, Counseling & Advisory Services.
- To hand hold MSME for identifying Intellectual Property in their day to day business & leverage it for Business Excellences.
- To provide MSME, the strategic management of Technology and IPR
- To create a delivery mechanism for comprehensive awareness & training in IPR to all stake holders of IP in the corresponding states
Other Activities Planned
- Campaign for invention promotion
- Technology Transfer Facility & forum for Patent Commercialization
- Internet Patent Mart
- Recommending excellent inventions for financial Support
- Develop Patent Maps for promoting Technology Competitiveness.
- Linkage and project specific cooperation with organizations like WIPO,
- KIPA and IIPTI etc.
Other Centers include:
- IPFC Mysore, inaugurated
- IPFC Indore, inaugurated
- IPFC Gandhinagar inaugurated
- IPFC West Bengal
- IPFC Gujarat,
- IPFC Pune IPFC New Delhi
- IPFC Hyderabad, March 26, 2012.